Stars, Daisies and Butterflies
These are a few of my favorite things...

Friday, September 10, 2010

As a girl who loves anything pink, sparkly and pretty, I find it odd how much glitter bothers me. I was just discussing with a co-worker how annoying it is to open a card and get glitter all over your hands. Obnoxious of me, really, considering said card is meant to make you smile and think fondly of the sender, not race to the garbage can shouting "Ahhhh! Glitter! Where's the hand-vac?!"


I have the same problem with lip glosses. I can spend an easy hour in Sephora, rejecting tube after tube of lip gloss because it's got the dreaded glitter throughout. "Shimmery, NOT glittery" is my motto. I have no desire to blind people with my lips. Also, I feel like the glittery glosses are more drying. My absolute favorite gloss of all time is Mark's glossblossom ripening lip tint. It's light and completely non-sticky, and the best part? It "ripens" to a perfect shade of pink. I have tried Smashbox's O-Gloss, which has a similar purpose, but it turned my lips a very alarming shade of flourescent pink. Mark's glossblossom turns into a nice medium pink that is just a little darker than my natural shade. Check it out here:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=483&dept_id=488&pf_id=8021


Happy shimmering (NOT glittering)!

Posted by April at 5:57 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment