Stars, Daisies and Butterflies
These are a few of my favorite things...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Last night, I watched an amazing documentary called No Impact Man. Very interesting concept - you can read about it here: http://noimpactproject.org/. While I'm not about to turn off my electricity, employ a worm farm near the kitchen table, or sell my car for a bicycle in the name of net zero emissions as Colin Beavan did in the documentary, I was inspired. It's always good to be reminded that your small choices really do have an effect on not just your life, but life in general. This morning, I went to Beavan's website, and noticed a Twitter link. Following it to his Twitter page, I noticed he posts a "Gratitude List" every day. Just listing a few things he is grateful for, big or small. What a great idea!
I posted my first Gratitude List on Twitter myself today (rain to water my newly-planted shrubbery, a super-supportive husband, an adoring cat who purrs in my ear when I am stressed). I'd like to make this an ongoing thing. It is so important to remember how much we have to be grateful for! Plus, when I do take the time to count my blessings, I feel so peaceful and happy afterward. Who couldn't use some of that??


Posted by April at 6:12 AM |

1 Comments:

Post a Comment


At April 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Blogger Erin said........
I am grateful to have you as a friend. Last night's documentary was amazing and I already told Bob that we will be watching it together and thinking of ways to simplify/take care of the earth better. I just started following Colin blog. I have been inspired!