Stars, Daisies and Butterflies
These are a few of my favorite things...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. This...stuff...is...amazing! My normally oily skin has been changing a lot in the past few years, and I've noticed it feeling rough and downright dry in the Fall and Winter months. Even when I'm shiny, my cheeks sometimes feel parched. So began my search for an effective moisturizer that wouldn't turn me into a shine monster or clog my pores. I found CeraVe in my local CVS, and for $13 for a giant 16 oz jar, I figured I'd give it a try. I was surprised to learn that you can use it for your body too. It's fragrance-free, which I like. But best of all, it sinks in quickly and leaves my skin so soft, without a trace of slickness. A must-try!

2. Origins A Perfect World (Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea). I like the cheerful smell (most Origins products smell fabulous), and I love the way this cleans. It's effective, but not too harsh. Wheat protein helps balance and moisturize, while sea kelp helps control oil. Also contains bergamot, spearmint, and lavender. What's not to love?

3. ANEW Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer SPF 25. I feel like eye creams and treatments are, for the most part, not really geared toward women my age. I don't have full-on wrinkles, so some creams feel too rich, and a few treatment gels I've tried for my bags and occasional dark circles have even burned - not good for the sensitive under-eye area! Enter Avon (ta-daaa!) with their spiffy little jar of Anew Rejuvenate. This is actually two different eye creams in one. The "AM" side has an SPF to protect, and really helps diminish the look of undereye circles. The "PM" side is richer, and treats dark circles and puffiness. Love!

4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes. I'll admit it - I'm too lazy to wash my face before going to bed on a regular basis. However, if I don't take my makeup off before hitting the sheets, I feel gross. These totally solve my dilemma! Just grab a wipe, and a few swipes over the face removes all traces of dirt, oil and makeup without drying alcohol. Tea Tree oil is amazing at fighting blemishes, too. I keep one pack in my gym bag to remove my makeup before working out or to freshen up afterward. A few years ago, The Body Shop changed the packaging of these, and put the old ones on clearance. I nearly hyperventilated when I thought they were discontinued. :-P

5. Benefit Boo Boo Zap. What a fun name for a not-so-fun task: banishing pimples! This little glass bottle is a wonder cure - dab a little of the solution on, and within an hour you'll notice any inflammation around your pesky pimple start to diminish. And while no potion will make your zit go away on the spot, this helps heal them faster than any drugstore medication I've tried. And, it is colorless under makeup.

6. Lush Mask of Magnaminty. This combo mask/cleanser is such a treat - since they don't have any Lush stores in the area, though, I have to rely on their website. Or, use my need for this mask as an excuse to visit Mohegan Sun - their store there is where I first discovered this awesome product! This fabulously cooling mint mask has a clay base, and is super deep-cleansing (it's great for blackheads). I like to use it whenever I'm feeling oily. Spread some on in the shower, enjoy the tingly mint feeling, and wash off to reveal a soft, refreshed face!

7. Avon Foot Works Deep Moisture Cream. This foot lotion is the best I've used! And hellooo 2.99 price point! This is a really creamy lotion, but it does sink in relatively quickly, which is key for me. I put it on at night under socks, and wake up with super-soft tootsies. Comes in several scents, but I like the original the best.

8. Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray. I have this in my purse at all times. It's a light spray that you mist on (even over makeup) whenever your face feels a little dry. I've read that it also helps "set" your makeup and acts as a toner. Talk about multi-tasking!

9. The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator. This is my favorite scrub ever! I never get red and irritated after using it, which is often the case with exfoliators for me. It smells sooo good - like swimming in the ocean! And you only need a dab at a time. This is made from seaweed harvested in the Roaring Bay Co-Operative in Ireland, which has helped a struggling community thrive again. So you can feel good about yourself AND your pores! ;-)

10. L'Occitane Shea Butter Milk Soap. This is my ultimate shower indulgence - at $10 a bar, I really can't justify buying it often, but it is sooo lovely. The scent is so clean and uplifting, and it really moisturizes your skin, due to its 20% shea butter content. I like that this is a vegetable-based soap, which is much kinder on your skin. It's a giant bar, so if you store it away from the spray of the shower, you can make it last a long time.

Posted by April at 10:19 AM |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment